Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved. |

Automobile Insurance is required by most states and it’s one of the most talked about insurance products. Personal automobile policy has two parts: liability and physical damage.

Liability insurance applies to injuries that you are legally responsible for in a case of an accident. Part of liability insurance is Medical Payment coverage. This coverage applies to you and your passengers reasonable medical expenses, regardless of fault.

Getting liability insurance also means getting coverage for uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist and UMPD. Uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist liability coverage will cover your injuries when the other party is at fault but does not have any insurance or does not have any or enough insurance. UMPD is physical damage coverage and it applies if other party does not have any or not enough insurance.  

Physical damage coverage is required coverage if you have a loan or a lease on a vehicle. Physical damage covers your vehicle and it has two parts. Collision coverage applies if you collide with another object, including but limited to, a vehicle. Comprehensive coverage applies to damage caused by: vandalism, theft, fire, flood, falling objects, glass breakage, and earthquake.

For an additional premium automobile insurance will cover loss of use (rental), towing, and gap insurance.

For more info about different automobile insurance policies, coverage, limits and deductibles, please contact us.